There is a wide range of jobs opportunities in a hospital, since managing a hospital can be like managing a city, therefore, the jobs opportunities is not limited on doctors or nurses only. A hospital may require people who can help to operate the healthcare systems, hospitals, and hospital networks better. So, if you aspire to pursue a healthcare job in management field, you can take a look several career options below:
Hospital Human Resources Professionals
A hospital management sometimes can be complex, therefore it is needed a good management system with good employee, this is because human resources management is essential to ensure proper delivery of healthcare services. Usually a human resources professional may deal with many things from performance management to safety issues, such as:
- Employee Orientation
- Personnel management
- Benefits & Compensation Management
- Claims Handling
- Training and Performance Monitoring
- State and Federal Regulations Education
- Work place Safety and Sanitation
- Labor Mediation
- Staff Morale and Retention
Hospital Nursing Administrator
A nursing administrator will be responsible for managing nursing staff, training, arranging of shifts, managing medical records, managing medical records, maintain supply inventory and setting guidelines for highest quality possible in the nursing care within their organization. To be a nursing administration, one should be able to interact with patient and have a good career in healthcare; this means you should have no bad record as a nursing administrator from your past work experience. Moreover, you need to make sure that you have a good endurance to accomplish the following tasks:
- Supervising nursing staff, scheduling shifts, training new nurses, and providing high level medical advice if needed and assigning nurses to patients or departments as required.
- Facilitating good communication between the nurses, doctors, patients and other departments within a hospital. Moreover, as a nursing administrator, one must understand knowledge of medicine and patient care and maintain strong leadership and management skills.
All those responsibility may consume you emotionally and physically, but the reward that will be given is worth it. As a nursing administrator, one will get $70,000 to $90,000 as a starting salary and with some experience they can obtain over $100,000.
Hospital Patient Care Services
Patient Care Services should act as a bridge between management and medical staff since patient service managers often are responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and managing hospital staff. Moreover, as a Patient Service Manager, individuals work directly with staff and patients in a hospital setting to implement policy to better provide for the patient. In fact, a patient service manager should make sure that the staff within the organization is following the procedures are in its places by administration and government. As a patient service manager, you will be rewarded of $51,000 to $145,000.